Pages

Monday 11 February 2013

Erica's Nails & More Nail Art Challenge! Day 4: Inspired By A Pattern

Hello everyone and welcome to day 4!
I can't believe we are at Day 4 already! Time flies when you are having fun :)

Without getting emotional, I was inspired by my late fathers bathrobe. If he didn't have to leave the house after dinner he would always announce "I'm going to put my comfortable clothes on!" and would go get into his comfy plaid pants and blue, green, and black plaid fleece bathrobe. I love that bathrobe. I also have the same trait as my Dad. Don't have to go out? I'll just put my pajamas on at 6pm. Always better to be comfortable.

I used China Glaze First Mate (my untried!), Holly-day & GOSH Nero. I used striping tape and a *lot* of dry time to  make the plaid pattern. It did come out looking quite close to the pattern on the robe :)




Plaid takes awhile with all of the dry time, but I like it because it is simple and looks clean! I find this manicure and pattern as  just as comforting as the bathrobe :)

Check out all the other nail art from day 4!

4 comments:

  1. This turned out great! Your lines are so crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome! I'm a comfy-pants-as-soon-as-I-get-home kinda gal too! And on weekends, if I don't have to leave the house I will stay in my jammies all day :)
    A former co-worker's wife told me at a Christmas party that she doesn't own a single pair of comfy pants because if you wear comfortable clothes you are more likely to get fat as you aren't worried about your figure in comfy clothes. I asked her if she works out in jeans, cause I can't imagine working out in anything other than track/comfy pants or workout shorts. I think that's a bunch of hooey though, so I still sport comfy pants any chance I get :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet idea :) and it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete