Pages

Saturday 10 November 2012

Franken Friday!! I call it.... "Come & Claim Him"

Hey polish people! I should have posted this yesterday.. since it is called "Franken Friday" but the news of NL upcoming return had me too excited. Anyway.. onto the post.

Now that I have finished work for the season I have found myself feeling bored and aimless as I search for a winter job. So I have started a new hobby that I am quite enjoying... frankening! It is awesome! Have you ever dreamed of a colour that doesn't exist? Or dreamed of a polish you can't afford/not sold in your area/is discontinued? Well frankening can solve those problems and squash some lemmings while being fun and rewarding too :)

Anyway, this is a polish I made inspired by a Lord of the Rings moment. More specifically the moment where Arwen is riding to Rivendell carrying a very injured and ill Frodo while being chased by the Ring Wraiths. She crosses a river and taunts the Wraiths (who detest water) by saying "If you want him, come and claim him!". The Wraiths advance through the river as she whispers an elvish phrase... calling violent waves in the river forth and washing away the Wraiths. It is a triumphant moment and I made this polish to capture it.

Its a medium to dark blue jelly base with luminosity fine glitter shimmer. Then I filled it with small white circular glitter, medium baby blue matte glitter, and a splash of very sparkly medium sized ocean blue hex glitter. I like to think it captures the violent tumbling waves in the water, with the baby blue squares representing Arwen.


I really like how it turned out. It applies well and its proven to have good wear time.

What do you think of my new franken?

No comments:

Post a Comment