Pages

Sunday 5 August 2012

Dollish Polish Legend of Zelda Duo!! Hylian Princess and The Hero Of Time Swatches !!! :)

Finally!! It is mine!! The Legend of Zelda Duo by Dollish Polish!! I have wanted these pretties for SO LONG NOW! They were at the top of my lemming list for awhile. I got them through a pre-sale at Overall Beauty! I was one of the first 10 orders so Kim happened to have these in stock! Totally excited and am so happy with them! The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time for 64 and Links Awakening for Gameboy are definitely in my Top 10 favourite games ever so I was SO SO happy to finally have these polishes in my grubby little paws. I used to sit in my beanbag chair and play these games for hours... I still do... just not in the beanbag chair... That beanbag chair died with the 90s.

First up is Hylian Princess! Inspired obviously by Princess Zelda. Its got different sizes and shapes of purple glitter, large white and lavender holo hex glitters, and a splash of smaller yellow squares. I think the smaller yellow squares are my favourite part, they remind me of Princess Zeldas hair (as I am player of the older games!) ! Love it :) After much deliberation, I finally decided to layer this over Color Club's Shabby Drab.. the most "powerful" purple I own. I didn't want to discredit this strong princess by making her look too "girly" haha. I thought it looked really good over this smokey, muted purple! Great application, this is two coats.




Next is The Hero of Time, inspired by Link! Green, chartreuse, brown and yellow glitters in a clear base. The glitters are smaller, and more sparse than in Hylian Princess.... and it almost feels more.. manly. Yes.. I am saying that these glitters are manly, just like my Link. I layered it over China Glaze Agro, a metallic-ish deep olive green. Two coats. Next time I might layer it over more of a forrest green :)



Oh man, I loved these. Application was great for both of them. No digging, no fishing. They both spread the glitter nicely on my nails. I used two coats of each for these pictures. I will treasure these for a very long time. I got them from Kim at Overallbeauty.com and she should have more in stock in the coming months!

Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment