Pages

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Nerd Lacquer Holy Grail Swatch :)

Hi everyone!

First off, sorry for posting sporadically and being so MIA lately. I am still at work up north and it is kicking my ass sideways and silly. SOOOO To make it up to you, I have a swatch of one of my most coveted polishes.. Nerd Lacquer's Holy Grail.

This is one special polish...

Its a LINEAR HOLO muted, silvered seafoam green base with many different sizes of silver holo hex glitter. I'm pretty sure there are some aqua-ish colored micro glitter in there as well. The holo gives it a bit of a light blue cast in the light and in the shade the green is more apparent. This is three coats on its own.. AND OH YEAH IT GLOWS IN THE DARK. ITS GOT EVERYTHING I LIKE. It's gorgeous. I would marry it if that were legal. Freakin' gorgeous. It really is the Holy Grail of polishes.

Here are some pictures in all kinds of lighting. I did my best to capture its many faces.







The first time I tried this I was a little disapointed in the glow-in-the-dark effect. Wasn't very strong. However after some googling I found out that the glow in the dark particles are really heavy and will settle to the bottom of the bottle much like heavier glitter does. So now when I wear this I will keep it upside down for awhile and give it a really good shake before applying. Here is a shot in the dark :)


Awesome, right?

As you probably know, NLs are hard to come by now since the disappearance of Amanda.. I have accumulated some more of Amanda's creations from ebay, blog sales, and swap groups. They can run for a pretty penny now though :( I hope Amanda is okay.. and I would welcome her back to the polish world with open arms if she did decide to return. Her creations were amazeballs and my interactions with her were nothing short of fantastic with her. I wish her well and hope she is okay, wherever she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment